Home cleaning chores can be, well, a chore! From work and family responsibilities to errands and appointments, it’s hard to find the time to squeeze cleaning into your busy schedule. How often are you tackling regular chores such as vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom? And what about those not-so-regular chores, such as washing the windows? It’s really a matter of home cleaning basics, those things you should know but probably don’t.
This room sees a lot of action, and, therefore, a lot of germs. One of the home cleaning basics is, clearly, cleaning the bathrooms in your home. To keep grimy buildup in check, more frequent cleaning saves a lot of time in the long run. Essentially, if you wipe down regularly, you’ll be left with less time spent scrubbing.
When you break it down, here is your home cleaning basics bathroom schedule:
- Daily: sink, mirror, toilet exterior, glass shower door
- Weekly: toilet bowl, shower, tub, rubs, floors
- Monthly: shower curtain
The kitchen may well be the heart of the home, and it’s also where dirt, dust, grime, messes, bacteria, and germs take center stage. Did you know there’s more E Coli in your kitchen sink than in your toilet? That’s reason enough to look at your cleaning schedule.
Here’s your suggested kitchen cleaning schedule:
- Daily: countertops, stovetop, sink, tabletop
- Weekly: floors, appliance exteriors, microwave interior
- Monthly: backsplash
- Quarterly: refrigerator interior
Home Cleaning Basics for the Whole Home
Obviously, the bathroom and kitchen are the first places we usually focus on when it comes to cleaning. But there’s a whole house there that needs to be cleaned. What should that schedule look like?
The rooms where you live most are the rooms that will be the messiest and need the most attention. That includes entranceways, living areas, and bedrooms. The underused areas, such as formal living areas and guest bedrooms, probably don’t need as much of your attention.
Looking for your home cleaning basics schedule? Here are some suggestions:
- Daily: vacuum carpets and rugs in high-traffic areas
- Twice a week: vacuum carpets and rugs in medium-traffic areas
- Weekly: dust, vacuum carpets and rugs in light-traffic areas, mop floors in high-traffic areas, vacuum or wipe down furniture
- Monthly: wash windows, window sills, and blinds; mope floors in low-traffic areas
- Quarterly: clean baseboards, move furniture and clean under and behind
That’s a lot to keep track of, no doubt about it.
Take Cleaning Off Your To-do List
With jobs, kids, and other responsibilities, it can be a hassle to remember to put away the dishes and wash the laundry, much less manage all of the cleaning in your home. Thankfully, there’s a solution: Carnation Home Cleaning.
We will take care of managing your home cleaning basics, all of those weekly, monthly, and quarterly tasks. We only use natural cleaning products, along with de-ionized, neutral water to keep your home sparkling. Our team is 100% committed to keeping your home clean and your family safe. Contact us to schedule your free estimate.